A bold colorful lip is the makeup and beauty trend of choice lately from celebrities to the fashion conscious in that it is no stranger on many faces. Here is a few ways to help you wear this fabulous lip color without shame.
- Make sure your lips are super soft and hydrated before laying down heavy pigment. You need to have a smooth canvas for your color.
- Block out the natural pigment in your lips by applying foundation or concealer directly to your pout.
- Blot with a tissue to pick up any left over foundation, which can end up diluting the lipstick pigment.
- Begin application in the center of the mouth-applying directly from the tube or with a lip brush-and then blend outwards to the corners of the lips. this technique allows you to slowly build up color and control its intensity.
- Once you've achieved your desired tone, blot and then reapply the lipstick to give it staying power.
For a precision look-finish your look by tracing the natural line with a lip pencil that matches your lipstick.
For a softer look, only a line from the corners of the mouth into the bow of the upper lip, and then use your finger to smudge inward; you'll end up with a perfect, airbrushed effect.